Mummy & Daddy

Mummy & Daddy

Saturday 17 August 2013

At the very beginning.

Those lil kicks, sometimes feel like he's on a treadmill.. on my bladder!

We are 22 weeks into our first pregnancy, and thankfully it has been rather uncomplicated. The hyperemesis has gradually ceased, and Im feeling less lethargic. Im glad Im not bloating up into a full ripe pumpkin yet, though the minimal weight gain worries me a wee bit. For someone who used to love food, my eat like mice now, mainly on fruits and vegetables. Which is good, perhaps.

How is it going so far?

Well, Im frickin out about delivery. It gives me nightmares, literally. Been reading a lot, and getting confused a lot as well. At times I feel really frustrated that Im unable to go out and play and be carefree like before. It also really troubles me that I find it so hard to like anything I eat, and even worse to contain it inside and fight the urge to gag!

But Im still excited, all of this is so new and it's such a thrill to go thru it daily. I'm probably well programmed to advise antenatal mothers, many of whom I see daily during clinic hours. Yet, it becomes a whole new realm when you're going thru it yourself. And doctors are indeed the worst compliant to proper medical advises!

It helps, helps a lot that the husband is indeed a gem of a person, who tries really hard to make it easier for the both of us. Truly blessed, as he tries to find remedies to make me less nauseated, as he rubs my back sometimes, and makes me yum kiwi juice and basically just make everything very much easier. Having family nearby, and being extremely supportive helps as well.

Ive been wanting  to do this for sometime now, and so this be a beginning. Of our magical journey, as hippie parents anxiously expecting, our newborn son.

No comments:

Post a Comment