Mummy & Daddy

Mummy & Daddy

Thursday 13 March 2014

Thank you.

Sometimes, we forget to be appreciative. Today I wanna express my utmost gratification, for the many blessings I've had so far.

I'm glad my husband is my husband. Someone who tries to make things easier for me. He gets up for Krishaen's nite feeds, and helps out a lot. Sometimes he is clueless, but he still tries and learns how to make it better. He is able to soothe a crying baby, and put him to sleep.. Something not many fathers can do, as young babies will almost always seeks comfort only in their mummies. Today he went out of his way to get me breakfast, making him late to work. We do argue at times, and I sometimes get frustrated with him when things are rough. I sometimes feel we are growing apart as we hardly spend time together like before, only to realize we are closer than ever with Krishaen's presence. We may not be able to go out for a drink or movie as often, but we'll have all the time for that later. Now we spend time burping Krishaen, and watching him coo and patiently encourage him as he tries to turn to his back. He's juggling his work, and his studies, and being a loving husband and a responsible father. He ain't perfect, but it's enough.

I'm glad for my parents, for both Mummy & Daddy have helped me a lot. They look after Krishaen, now that I'm slowly getting back to work. They talk to him and sing to him, so I can have a few hours to myself sometimes. I know looking after a baby is no joke, especially when he is fussy and cranky. I'm glad I have them, and not have to be worried over leaving him with a total stranger to babysit. I know sometimes they are tired, they don't have enough time to mark their books, and plan their lessons. Yet they don't complain much.

I'm glad Krishaen is a healthy cheeky baby. It's hard having to exclusively breastfeed him, and I'm proud I've managed to for the past 97 days. At times waking up in the middle of the nite is so difficult. And at times I get so frustrated that he needs to be fed again, when I felt he just had a boobie full meal! I take it for granted, how I'm blessed with succesful lactation. I get so frustrated how he constantly needs me, sometimes I wish he will sleep more. I feel so exhausted having to always think about his milk stock, and have to pump n pump so he has enough milk when I'm at work. Yet, seeing him achieve a good weight gain, layaning his coos and giggles, seeing him throw his hands and legs in excitement when playing with kumki, his elephant and bobo, the cow.. Brings way too much joy that it always outweighs the frustration. I pray he'll always be a healthy and happy baby.

I'm also glad I'm slowly getting better. Started work, it's hard not coz of the workload but coz I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I'm constantly tired and super exhausted, hence I look forward to tiny pleasures in life like the super yummy Mississippi Mud Muffin from Starbucks! I miss hanging out with my friends, and I feel left out on missin out on outings with the cousins. I yearn to go shopping, as I need new clothes. I wanna go jalan jalan cari makan like last time too. At times I feel like I'm gonna break apart, and yet I pull myself together. And I count my blessings, knowing many may not be as blessed as I am.

Everyday is a journey, and I'll continue racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment